New Patient Information
We are often busy and booked well in advance. Dr Ward will need to see your referral prior to making an appointment date for you. This means we will prioritise urgent cases.
You can send the referral by fax, e-mail, post or hand deliver:
- Fax: (08) 9386 5648
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF file is best, not photos of the referral)
- Post: Suite 50, 85 Monash Avenue, Nedlands, WA 6009
Make sure the attachment is legible. We almost always need to see the blood test reports, so ensure these are attached also. Our staff will contact you once Dr Ward has reviewed your referral with appointment details. This may take a day or two.
All new patients are seen at the Hollywood Medical Centre office.
We can only accommodate exiting patients for review appointments at the Joondalup office, and it is often fully booked up to 3 months in advance.
We almost always run to time.
New patients must arrive 15 minutes prior to their appointment time to complete paperwork. This will ensure you will be seen at the appointed time and have a full consultation. Late arrival may mean you have a shorter appointment.
Check List for New Patients. Please bring the following with you:
- Original referral letter
- Medicare Card
- Private Health Fund Card or Details
- List of medications you currently take
- List of past medical conditions, illnesses and operations
- Any relevant pathology results, x-rays or scan reports
- Cash or card for parking at Hollywood Medical Centre
- Bank Debit or Credit Card or Cash for payment (payment of the account is required at the time of Consultation).
- We accept Cash, Mastercard, Visa and have EFTPOS facilities.
- We do not accept Amex or Diners.
- A receipt will be issued for you to claim Medicare Rebates. We do not Bulk-Bill.
Please call as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment. The clinics are very busy and your slot can be re-allocated if you give us notice. Patients who fail to attend, for any reason, without calling us to cancel, will be charged for the time wasted. We require 2 business days notice of intention to cancel a New Patient appointment, to avoid cancellation fees.
Types of Cases or Problems Dr Ward deals with:
- Dr Ward is a fully qualified Consultant Physician, Clinical Haematologist and Pathologist (Haematology). He is currently consulting for more chronic disorders.
- He consults at Hollywood and Joondalup.
- He can arrange day-case admissions for blood products, iron and chemotherapy.
- He does not look-after acute leukaemia or very high-grade disorders, and does not offer in-patient care.
- The type of disorders Dr Ward is concentrating on are: chronic leukaemia (eg CLL), lymphoma, myeloma, myelodysplasia, myeloproliferative disorders, bleeding and clotting disorders, anaemia, abnormal cell counts, iron disorders.